Activity directions of ICIA Subsidiary are oriented toward fundamental, applied research and experimental development through analytical methods elaboration for a wide range of samples, design and construction of laboratory analytical equipment, performing chemical analyses and providing information, consulting and representation services for business environment.
The research activity addresses the analytical instrumentation, environment and health, development of clean technologies, bioenergy-biomass, and spectrometry programs, through three laboratories:
- Laboratory “Environment and Health”, having as activity object the realization and development of environmental technologies destined to prevent pollution and to rehabilitate the environmental factors, both natural and anthropic; elaboration of some modern methods for the assessment and monitoring of environmental factors (sol, air, water, vegetation, food); realization of analytical methods for the preservation and management of natural and artificial resources, and realization of modern methods for the food quality assessment. It is composed of:
- Laboratory “Environmental Factors”, LFM, for elaboration and development of some innovative processes for the environmental quality assessment and technologies development for the environmental restoration.
- Laboratory for GMO traces detection and food security, MODALIM, for elaboration and development of some innovative processes for the determination of the genetically modified organisms (GMOs), food quality and functional food. MODALIM provides support in all aspects regarding the analysis of food quality and features, animal or vegetable, from raw material to finished product.
- Laboratory for Food Chemical Residues control, REZALIM, for elaboration and development of some innovative processes for the determination of the chemical compounds naturally present in foods, pollutants (PAH, pesticides) and additives (preservatives, synthetic colorants and sweeteners).
- Laboratory „Bioenergy-Biomass” is focused on obtaining renewable fuels (biodiesel, bioethanol, and biogas), from biomass and inclusively by-products; realization of technologies and installation for the renewable fuels (biodiesel, bioethanol and biogas) production, and development of advanced processes for the biomass conversion to electricity and heat. It is composed of
- Laboratory “Renewable energy”, LER, for the elaboration and development of innovative processes for new, modern and cost efficient technologies destined for the superior capitalization of the renewable resources and biofuels obtaining, having in view their large-scale implementation on the market
- Laboratory for Biofuel Quality Certification, CABIO, for the elaboration and development of some innovative processes dedicated to biofuels quality determination and to perform analyses in order to certify the biofuels quality, according to European standards for biodiesel and bioethanol SR EN 14214 si SR EN 15376
- Laboratory “Analytics and Instrumentation” – to develop new systems, equipments, optoelectronics instrumentation for analytical investigations, having possible applications in environmental protection, health, food security, etc., and realization of modern and unconventional methods for the analytical investigations, having possible applications in environmental protection, health, food security, etc.