Stage 1 – 2011
- Report concerning the pollution sources and levels in the study areas;
- Report on the testing, optimization and validation of the extraction methods;
- Web page.
Stage 2 – 2012
- Sampling report;
- Chemical analysis report;
- Report on soil characteristics;
- Report on the metal-soil distribution patterns;
- 4 communications at national and international conferences;
- 1 published paper.
Stage 3 – 2013
- Chemical analysis report on metal contents from plants;
- Report on soil to plant transfer factors;
- Model for relationship between soil-metal partitioning patterns and metal availability to plants;
- 2 presentations at international conferences;
- 3 published papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Erika Levei, Tiberiu Frentiu, Michaela Ponta, Claudiu Tanaselia, Gheorghe Borodi, Characterization and assessment of potential environmental risk of tailings stored in seven impoundments in the Aries river basin, western Romania, Chemistry Central Journal, 2013, 7:5, available here
- Erika Levei, Marius Roman, Mirela Miclean, Gheorghe Borodi, Marin Senila, Acid mine drainage prediction for tailings in the Baia Mare and Southern Apuseni mining areas, Romania, Carpathian Journal of Earth And Environmental Sciences, 2013, 8(3), 167-174, available here
- Erika Levei, Mirela Miclean, Marin Șenilă, Comparison of heating techniques used in wet acid digestion for the determination of metals from soil and plants, Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, CHEMIA, 2012, 57(1), 103 – 109, available here
- Erika Levei, Michaela Ponta, Marin Senila, Mirela Miclean, Gheorghe Borodi, Tiberiu Frentiu, Assessment of contamination and origin of metals in mining affected river sediments: a case study of Aries catchement, Romania, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, available here(doi:10.1186/1752-153X-7-5).
- E. Levei, M. Senila, C. Roman, C. Paizs, Use of single extractions for the assessment of metal mobility in mine tailings, 6th Black Sea Basin Conference on Analytical Chemistry (6BBCAC), Trabzon, Turkey, 10-14 September 2013.
- Erika Levei, Marin Senila, Marius Roman, Mirela Miclean, Assessment of water and sediment contamination by mining activities in the Aries river, Romania, 14th EuCheMS International Conference on Chemistry and the Environment, ICCE 2013, Barcelona, June 25 – 28, 2013.
- Erika Levei, Marin Senila, Marius Roman, Mirela Miclean, Claudiu Tanaselia, Csaba Paizs, Determinarea continutului de metale in Coada Calului (Equisetum spp.) crescuta pe halde de steril, 6th Workshop on Optoelectronic Techniques for Environmental Monitoring OTEM, 11-13 June 2013 Timisoara, Romania.
- Erika Levei, Claudiu Tanaselia, Marius Roman, Bela Abraham, Maria Petean, Csaba Paizs, Acid rock drainage prediction for mine wastes from Baia Mare and Certej mining areas, International Conference „Environmental Legislation, Safety Engineering and Disaster Management” – ELSEDIMA, 9 th edition, 25-27 October 2012, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Erika Levei, Marin Senila, Claudiu Tanaselia, Paizs Csaba, Determination of metals mobility in the mine tailings stored in Brăzești deposit, Romania, 32rd National Chemistry Conference, 3-5 October 2012 Calimănești-Căciulata, România.
- Levei Erika, Senila Marin, Abraham Bela, Paizs Csaba, Influence of extraction time on the Pb dissolution in nonferrous mine tailings, The International Symposium on Analytical and Environmental Problems, with Special Emphasis on Heavy Metal Ions and Contaminants, 24 Septembrie 2012, Szeged, Hungary.
- Erika Levei, Marin Senila, Mirela Miclean, Csaba Paizs, Study of metal partitioning patterns in contaminated soil using single selective extractions, International Symposium on Environmental Analytical Chemistry, ISEAC 22-25 May 2012, Antwerp, Belgia.